Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Karl Malone set the fitness standard!
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 12:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Superjudge
is pounding the rock!

Representing:
Karl Malone set the fitness standard!

You know all this talk about Bosh, Bargnani etc. And thier frailty, reminded me of another guy. Karl Malone.

Malone, like him or hat ehim, was a specimen, he was built more like LT than he was MJ and because of that, played many seasons in the NBA as a hard nosed, physical player. If you ever wonder what it means to own the paint, watch Malone tapes. He pushed, shoved, elbowed and basically took the paint from the other guy, because he wanted it.

Here's a link to a typical workout of his.... keep in mind this was a workout, year round usually, with a lighter load during the season. There were no Charity games, EA sports film shoots, Youtube video's promoting Allstar appearances. There was just KArl, a gym, and 100's of ours of dedication to his team and his sport.

Thats the guy I grew up liking, and watching. I used his success as a motivation when I wa straining for my own sports and I fpound a level of success because of it.

Respect to Malone on this level.

http://www.coachmarian.de/Spezials/W...outSecrets.htm
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote