Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Money Markets.
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #86 (permalink)
6cubed
216 :}

Banned

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
it angers me when this is wasted, but that waste pales in comparison to the good that the money does. in the end i am happy to pay high taxes - in fact i get enjoyment from doing it - as long as expenditures can be justified.
You're Canadian so maybe it's different, but as a American I am enraged at how my MONEY is spent. For the US govt it's not even enough to spend taxpayers money on pork and other bullshit, but we just borrow, borrow, borrow (mainly from the Chinese & Japanese)...

You may not have the same issues as in the U.S. If I lived in Norway I'd be glad to subsidize my neighbor who fell on tough times... in the U.S. you're most likely subsidizing a coward. Additionally, the money may not even go into social matters but in even more ludicrous ones such as fighting the war on drugs, war on terror and other equally ambiguous battles. I'm also helping to bailout companies that took really ill-advised risks and deserved to fail... shame that they're "too big too fail" and have systemic risk (who let them get this big)... WTF

Question: What do you guys do for a living. Usually this helps explain some of the divide...

Last edited by 6cubed; 08-10-2011 at 03:41 PM.
6cubed is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote