Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Money Markets.
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #80 (permalink)

Retired Administrator

Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
i don't know what you are getting at here. my point is that it is not free market capitalism that gives everyone the opportunity, it is the liberal social safety net that makes it possible to take risks. i am arguing that the bits the far-right wants to dismantle are the bits that give them the chance to be risk-taking capitalists.
'Trane, where does the money come from? Where will the money continue to come from?

Why are we trying to make everyone mediocre? Lets raise the bar, more for everyone.

I am not against welfare, social programs, the arts etc... they should be funded in part by my money, but the more you take from me the less I have.

Should I have less? I pay half my income to the government, I would be better off making less money, I am serious.

It seems backwards to me, I would prefer to enable. If they let me have my money, I would have bought a bigger house, and paid more property tax...

As a side bar (double property tax in this city is nute...I paid 20k in property tax on my new place)
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote