Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 97

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 101

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 109

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 120

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 124

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 132

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 201

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 378

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/class_core.php on line 2514
Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Money Markets.
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 01:01 PM   #35 (permalink)
Benzo
hibernating

Retired Administrator

Representing:

There a bunch of things going on in here.

Firstly, 6cubed and windex I support fundamentally what you are saying. 6cubed you are giving people like me a bad name with some of those callous lines though.

We have been down this road a million times here in this forum, and while i understand and respect all points of view, I can even understand where people from the "left" for lack of a better term are coming from.

The one thing I will not understand and can not contemplate is the disdain for Americans. I will never understand it, it is short sighted an ignorant.

JeffB, you are a fucking jackass, instead of "clapping" other people posts, try to come up with an original thought. "The rich don't pay taxes in the U.S" this is a joke right?

When it comes to closing the divide of have and have nots , i always refer to Boetcker's "Ten Cannots".

Quote:
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot help little men by tearing down big men.
You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot establish sound security on borrowed money.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than you earn.
You cannot build character and courage by destroying men's initiative and independence.
And you cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they can and should do for themselves.
We should not be aiming for balance but instead be aiming to raise everyone, which is my at base disagreement with "tax and spend"

FOr those of you enjoying the trashing of Americans I would like to again direct you here.

The Americans - by Gordon Sinclair
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key