Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Money Markets.
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 10:01 AM   #16 (permalink)
6cubed
216 :}

Banned

Representing:

Everyone should be taxed less...

I honestly believe that "rich" people will spend/allocate their capital/resources better than a bureaucratic government would. Taxes of say 15% are warranted to allow government provide the basics that citizens entrusted it to do. Any excess taxes are really a slap to the face of people; government is saying that we can allocate this capital better then you can.

A lot of rich people are rich for a reason... they know how to allocate capital. The main threat of rich people is that they will invest overseas and not in the domestic economy. Even if the invest in China the result is cheaper prices for the consumer. It's the rich people that stimulate the economy and create... not government. Government is good at being inefficient, spending on dumb but politically popular projects (usually pork), supporting crony capitalism, etc.

For anyone to pay 40% in taxes is ridiculous. To have x% of the population to pay 0 taxes is even more absurd... the very same people who have access to a free education, food stamps, sometimes affirmative action, and now free healthcare, is bullsh1t. Okay I'm a jerk but to subsidize the losers of society is futile. Sure some of these circumstances is the result of bad luck but the U.S. provides enough opportunities for individuals to become middle class if you one tries hard enough.

I would support Warren Buffett to pay 0 taxes because he would spend his "tax budren" more wisely then government would. Here's what the US govt is good at... getting in debt for spending on stupid things (and blaming rich people on a lack of tax revenues):

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Last edited by 6cubed; 08-10-2011 at 10:07 AM.
6cubed is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote