Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Should the NBA invoke the Allan Houston Rule as part of their new CBA?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 01:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
West Coast NBA Fan
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
west coast - just to clarify, are you suggesting that the 2 guys chosen no longer get paid anything, or that some other entity takes the contract off the team's hands?
I'm saying 2 guys don't get anything. Unlike the last cba where the player not only got paid but got to go to the situation of his choice. That was lame. This cba is trying to make the large markets and players cut back while helping the small market. That rule did the opposite. Big market team got cap relief while the small market got less of a tax kickback.

With my idea, we're only talking 2 players over the course of a 10 year cba having their 3 year out clause exercised. When looking at the history of NBA payrolls, it's usually just 1 or 2 deals that really screw over a team so I'm allowing the owners to get out from those mistakes but they'll have to live up to the rest of the deals they sign on to.
West Coast NBA Fan is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote