Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - To what degree can you defy disobey somebody
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 03:37 PM   #58 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aar_Canada View Post
I'd go the other way and say it's much better these days. When you think about the circus shows in the 20's and 30's and the state of zoos before there was a change in thinking. I mean, 30 years ago I was probably making a 'dump run' with my family up in Huntsville to drop our garbage off and watch bears frolick in the trash from the safety of our Volvo. We just didn't understand that it was a problem. And everyone up there did it.

People have always been at times stupid. You just hear about every incident these days. And I bet way more people go camping - true camping where they get an understanding and develop a respect for nature - now than they did when we were young.
I drove the backroads from Canmore to Golden last year and there was not a lot of true camping to be seen. There are hordes of people everywhere in spots that I remember as being fairly remote. There just isn't much of anything that isn't like that dump in Huntsville. The presence of human activity has altered so much that it isn't funny. I would agree with an idea that there is much less of a destructive impulse in the way individuals appoach animal wildlife, but you still get dopes feeling they have a right to kill anything that hampers their gardening, while the best zoos I have seen do a great job of trying to match conditions that the animals can no longer find with ease on their own. We have become the worst of invasive species.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote