Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - To what degree can you defy disobey somebody
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 09:09 AM   #50 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mxyzptlk View Post
agreed
nobody can be possibly be this naive in real life
Oh yeah - they can. A friend of my brother worked for Parks Canada in BC. One day he saw a guy putting his small child on the back of a juvenile bear that had likely been fed by people regularly. The park employee flipped out on the guy and shrieked, "are you fucking crazy?". She lost her job for using profanity when this idiot complained.

You have people jumping into animal confinements at zoos. And tourists doing shit like giving asian monkeys a bottle of water, and then trying to get it back when they see them having trouble opening it. I mean why would the monkeys fuck you up when you're just trying to help?

There is a massive difference to how people see, and interact with nature now as opposed to when I was a kid. And nature itself has been so completely hybridized and effected by us while we continue to lose more and more of an understanding of what life is like beyond the latest status update texted on Facebook while sitting in Starbucks. Nature is something we watch on TV now. And that's probably not even done so much anymore, outside of shark week. And irrational fear, or an irrational, careless, lack of fear or respect of the wild, has swamped so much of a basic understanding that was there when it was more of a part of our lives.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote