Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Awesome Lebron James Documentary
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 01:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
bladeofBG
in a battle for Eeyore's soul! Save him! For the dark side hath cookies!

Representing:
Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
It's a product of aging.... that is all.
I wouldn't call 26yrs old 'aging,' friend. Given his temper tantrums he gets away with on the court, I wouldn't rule out 'roids.

Anyways I saw the vid. Good vid. It brought me back to the thing I gave him the most off-court respect for. And that was before Gm2 or 3 of the 2004 NBA Finals (Lakers vs. Pistons; it was also his rookie year), they interviewed him, and he surprised everyone by picking the Pistons to win the title. I can't remember if he said 'Pistons in 6' or 'Pistons in 7' but I know he picked Detroit b/c it shocked me that he said so. Keep in mind, that Laker team had a 'still in his prime' Shaq, an 'on the cusp of his prime' Kobe, and Karl Malone & Gary Payton, who were both passed their prime, but still were nigh all-star caliber players who helped LAL back into the Finals (Karl was surely still all-star caliber, and GP was surely debatable as the yr before, he dropped 20/8/4/2).

On the other end, that Pistons team had one all-star: Rasheed Wallace, who was a trade deadline acquisition who all throughout that year, couldn't get in a consistent scoring rythm for them. Even in the playoffs/Finals.

The Pistons, being bigtime Finals underdogs (like the 10-11 Mavs), beat the heavily favored Lakers in 5 games.

Fast forward to 2010, and Lebitch leaves Cleveland in a bizarre spectacle, to join that Heat team, which made w/DWade & Chris, is fully reminiscent of that Laker team which he himself went against the grain, in picking them to lose.

Back to the vid, Lebitch is the only all-star I know in NBA history who was a better player @ 22yrs of age (re: that 50pt game vs. Detroit), than he is @ 26yrs of age (re: 8pts in game 4 vs. Dallas; this after giving his dramatic pre-game speech on TV).
bladeofBG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote