Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Where Will The NBA Expand?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 05:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
MetroStar
good!

Europe Correspondent

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to MetroStar Send a message via Yahoo to MetroStar

NBA is not gonna expand to Europe. It's not gonna happen even in 2030. There is a strong league in Europe, which is getting bigger and stronger every year and trust me, no team would leave its tradition, it's national championship and the Euroleague to join the NBA. NBA may expand in the Americas or in Asia but the Europe would be the second pole. That's how I see it.

=========

Athens (1 vote)

Pros: Basketball-mad populace in metro area of 4 million or so knows the game. The Olympic Indoor Hall was renovated for the 2004 Olympics and holds 18,800.

Cons: Basketball-mad populace loves their basketball -- local teams Olympiacos and Panathinaikos, with heavily Greek lineups. The cradle of Western Civilization could become a pricey tomb for NBA expansion in Europe.

That's a joke. Only a few Greek players play in our league. Greeks are thirsty of superstars and Americans.

========

If I had to choose 5 cities in Europe to get NBA teams they would be Athens,Madrid,Barcelona,Rome and Paris. And then Berlin, London and Tel-Aviv.
MetroStar is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote