Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Green Party Has Jumped The Shark
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 02:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
effin' ineffable

In the Paint

This sounds like typical BC flakiness to me. I don't see the connection to pushing New Age craziness. I mean I know a good number of new age crazies, and they have very little interest in politics of any particular stripe. And the Greens I have known have been far from being science-hating om-chanters.

If anything it's taking Nader's type of consumer vigilance a little too far. I'd as soon see vigilance go a little overboard at times than to see it completely lacking, like with the incredible waste with an unproven drug like Tamiflu approved by governments for purchase in comically wasteful amounts,after being advised by scientists that happened to be on the payroll of Tamiflu's makers.

There is a ton of bad information out there, and there is more and more shit that lies beyond any kind of common understanding that can be readily visualized or grasped beyond abstractions. Yes there can be blame laid atthefeet of the media, and politicians, and money, but it's also the intrinsic nature of our dependence on very complicated technology. It's a real problem. And as technological advances come with push-button accessibility, it just means that they can be exploited readily for both good and evil. We're pretty much fucked. Put my head in a jar full of phthalates and let the robots have their day. I'm sure they can't prove much worse than TEPCO.

And the shark - pretty much gone extinct in a dying ocean. Just thought this thread could use a dose of nihilism. It's the way I get when confronted with the need to think with a clear head. Let's see, what day is it? Friday? Yep-still fucked.

Last edited by LX; 07-29-2011 at 02:29 PM.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote