Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Amy Winehouse Found Dead
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 11:04 AM   #20 (permalink)
Superjudge
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Interesting stuff Aar. Thanks for posting.

Sadly there is also a very clinical and measurable affect that substance abuse has on the human brain that will lead the healthiest psyche into depression. It's widely know (at least I thought it was) that opiates, alcohol, and specific narcotics have a very substantial side effect of of bouts of depression due to chemical imbalance. Opiates are the worst.

Amy Winehouse, is an example of many young famous people who were into the dug scene and also Manic Depressive. What happens is that the manic depressive is also, as a result of their condition, very recluse psychologically and as result very artistic and introspective. They make great musicians and song writers.

When you combine however, manic depression, with substances that themselves create depression, the highs are much higher, and the lows sadly, are much lower. It's measurable, and sadly, it's predictable.

I don't criticize this young woman, I only feel bad for her, and those like her still alive tortured and caught in that horrifying cycle. I hope there is peace where she went.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote