Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Score: Top 30 Raptors of all time
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Representing:
Raptors The Score: Top 30 Raptors of all time

They're counting down the top 30 Raptors of all time.

Starting with Mike James at #30-

Quote:
Mike James’ Raptors résumé:

-79 games, 20.3 PPG, 5.8 APG, 3.3 RPG, 0.9 SPG
-One of five Raptors to average 20 PPG in a season
-One of 21 NBA players to average 20 PPG with a True Shooting Percentage of at least .580 from the 2005-06 season until now
Quote:
“I don’t care who critiques me or who tells me I’m not a point guard. You know what, I’m sorry I’m not the league’s quote-unquote typical point guard. I’m sorry that I know how to put the ball in the hole at a very high rate. And I’m also sorry that I can still get over 10 assists while doing it.”

Mike James said the above passage to assembled Toronto media on April 2, 2006 after the Raptors lost to the Hornets 120-113 to give the Raptors a 26-47 record. James had 15 points and 10 assists in the game, but he also shot five-for-25 from the field. That shooting performance puts him in a pretty elite club since 1986-87, the earliest season for which Basketball-Reference.com has complete game data. Since that season, James is one of just eight players to take 25 or more field goal attempts in a game while making no more than five of them. That list includes Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson, Carmelo Anthony and Isiah Thomas.
Quote:
I’d like to think that Mike James is chillin’ somewhere in the Bahamas right now, enjoying those millions he earned from that one impressive season in Toronto. Whatever you thought about him as a Raptor, nobody can question that for that one season, he gave us his heart every time he stepped on that Air Canada Centre court.
Ultimate Raptors Rankings — No. 30: Mike James | Blog Archive | RaptorBlog | Blogs | TheScore.com

jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote