Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Arenas Out Until December
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 04:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint

Representing:
Default Arenas Out Until December

He had more surgery on the kneee today -

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3593256

Quote:
WASHINGTON -- Gilbert Arenas had a third operation on his bothersome left knee Wednesday, once again throwing into doubt his status for the Washington Wizards' upcoming season.

Arenas had a "moderate amount of debris" removed from the knee after experiencing swelling and discomfort during his rehabilitation.

The Wizards offered no timetable for his return -- beyond the fact that he obviously won't be ready for the start of training camp next week -- but Arenas told The Washington Post that he plans to be back on the court in early December, which would rule him out for the first month of the season.

"I just had some floating debris in there that was slowing me down," Arenas said, according to the Post. "It was irritating the knee so we decided to go in there and clean it out. This should actually allow me to come back faster."

The surgery is the third on the knee in 17 months for Arenas, who missed 69 regular-season games last season and had to shut himself down in the playoffs. It also raises more doubt about the wisdom of the Wizards' decision to give him a six-year, $111 million contract in July.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote