Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - 2010-2011 RF Player Report Cards - Reggie Evans
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Scully
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans View Post
D.

I like Reggie a lot. One of the most fun games to watch this year was that first game he played after he got healthy and got about 20 rebounds and the crowd was chanting his name.

But I'm tired of one-dimensional Raptors, and they don't get more one-dimensional than Reggie. Reggie's "rebounds are my job" attitude might be a hindrance to the development of players like JJ who want to get rebounds, but don't want to fight for them with Reggie. He's one of the dirtiest players in the NBA, and I'm not sure that's a great example to young players. He only played 30 games this year, and 28 games the year before. Reggie is like having 1/3 of the productivity from a good healthy well-rounded player.
There's no such thing as dirty, just savvy. And I would argue he isn't one dimensional. He's flat out one of the best rebounders in the league and he is pretty reliable post and position defender. He wants to fight and he wants to be a professional, which should be at the asset when presenting an example to younger core. His durability is the only issue, but this year he should be getting that 5th rotation at the 4 and 5, ie. he should be getting like 5-10 mins a game.
Scully is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote