Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - 2010-11 RF Player Report Card - Jerryd Bayless
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Representing:

B-

This would have been a C- for me but i was really impressed with his final 20 games last season most of which while Jose was hurt yet again. He seemed to share the ball a little more while still scoring well. He needs to sacrifice some of his scoring (maybe 16ppg instead of shooting for 20ppg) and become a more consistent passer. A PG can do both. If he's giving us 15-16/7 i'd be pretty happy.

Until the All-Star break he was unbelievably inconsistent and when his minutes were more limited (14-20mpg) he struggled to get things going. It was only when his minutes were extended that he played well. IMO he'll pout if he's not the starter next season, and if he doesn't pout outwardly he'll still be inconsistent coming off the bench. He also needs to be more consistent defensively, hopefully Casey helps there b/c Bayless has the tools to be better on D. I'm still not sold on him as the starter long term though but i wouldn't mind seeing if he can do it.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote