Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - If I ruled the (NBA) world
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint

Representing:

He doesn't really offer answers as much as looking at the need for a better, more honest process, and he does a good job of providing a fair bit of honesty. I could live with many of his ideas, and really agree with all the BS that he points out.

As long as teams gain in value there is no issue with them losing money. If a team can't gain in value, then contraction has to be the sensible approach. And personally I would take away limits on free agency while shortening guaranteed contracts. They are going to have to swallow the idea of more player movement. The upside will be fewer bad contracts out of teams desperately trying to land one of the few free agents available to them. Players will accept deals if they are faced with the option of a larger free agent pool determining their value.

Just stop tinkering around with rules that make building a team so difficult. Open things up and allow fans to enjoy well-built teams. They can still cheer for stars as well -they aren't going anywhere. If you make everything about keeping stars around longer they are just going to milk the rules and then make trade demands anyways.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote