Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Lots to like about Valanciunas
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 11:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
zxcvbn193
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTYNAS View Post
It has nothing to do with D-Mo's press...
That press was a joke, but it also showed his persona once again. If you ever heard inside info from Lithuanian camps, you know that guy. Is no secret.

Then again, i know D-Mo and JV are different players. But I compare value. Donatas can score more, but he is also an ISO big. Playing up tempo team offense, Jonas can offer a lot, maybe even more. And it doesn't matter Donatas is better offensively, cause he is way worse on D and rebounding. What type of guy you want on your bench, high motor, quick, defensive, rebounding, tall guy, or arrogant ISO big, who can't rebound, block, play D and who may end up whining about his role and minutes?

I agree Javtokas is number one, but as i said, I believe some people underestime Jonas. He is closer to Javtokas when you think. I always loved Javtokas, but he is slowing down. Still a better leaping ability, strength and defense, but Jonas is better floor runner, a lil better rebounder and has better BB IQ. 25 minutes for Javtokas, 15 for Jonas, sounds fair to me.
D-Mo Arrogant or not, if he can work his defense up, he will be a beast.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote