Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Lots to like about Valanciunas
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 12:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
MARTYNAS
some creepy guy

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumon View Post
Firstly come on, Motiejunas is not arrogant. He cracked some jokes in press. It is not arrogance. And how can you compare Valanciunas and Motiejunas. They play in different positions and their roles are different.

Secondly, Javtokas > Valanciunas, seriously? Dude, wake up. Javtokas is not a great scorer, but he is the best in senior team when it comes to defence.

I have no problems with Valanciunas being second or third centre in the team, but it is too soon for him to be #1. Valanciunas is just not as good as Javtokas... yet.
It has nothing to do with D-Mo's press...
That press was a joke, but it also showed his persona once again. If you ever heard inside info from Lithuanian camps, you know that guy. Is no secret.

Then again, i know D-Mo and JV are different players. But I compare value. Donatas can score more, but he is also an ISO big. Playing up tempo team offense, Jonas can offer a lot, maybe even more. And it doesn't matter Donatas is better offensively, cause he is way worse on D and rebounding. What type of guy you want on your bench, high motor, quick, defensive, rebounding, tall guy, or arrogant ISO big, who can't rebound, block, play D and who may end up whining about his role and minutes?

I agree Javtokas is number one, but as i said, I believe some people underestime Jonas. He is closer to Javtokas when you think. I always loved Javtokas, but he is slowing down. Still a better leaping ability, strength and defense, but Jonas is better floor runner, a lil better rebounder and has better BB IQ. 25 minutes for Javtokas, 15 for Jonas, sounds fair to me.
MARTYNAS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote