Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Lots to like about Valanciunas
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Sumon
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTYNAS View Post
He must play. He is better than D-Mo, that guy is enigma, he gives nothing on D and hes just arrogant jerk. Some guys hates him, and there is a reason, i heard a lot of things about that guy... Lithuania has it's scorers already and it's very friendly team with great chemistry. Motiejunas is cancer... He is like Anakin Skywalker, only as talented as Jar Jar...

And I dont understand some fans... Why they underestimate Jonas so much? Because he played only 15 minutes per game on a pretty crappy Euroleague team? Look what he did on the floor. He was amazing. Best Euroleague scoring, efficiency and rebounding rates per minute. The things why he played less minutes were :
First, coaches. They made worst team player look like a team star. I am talking about Barjanovic. I am not kidding, that guy is a fusion between Bargnani and Turkoglu. He is so bad and lazy, i cant even describe. And of course, a lot of ''fans'', who can't understand basketball what so ever, thought he is good, cause he can score...
Second - fouls. Foul in every 5 minutes limited Jonas' minutes.
Then, experience, no coach wants to see 18 year old playing in crucial minutes.
And Finally, strength. Jonas added 1 inch length and about 12 lbs. during the year. He is more ready now...

I don't know who is actually better, Javtokas or Valanciunas... In fact, Lithuania play young, up tempo basketball, it's ideal for Jonas. LT NT has long bench, so Jonas' foul trouble will be less of a problem too...
Firstly come on, Motiejunas is not arrogant. He cracked some jokes in press. It is not arrogance. And how can you compare Valanciunas and Motiejunas. They play in different positions and their roles are different.

Secondly, Javtokas > Valanciunas, seriously? Dude, wake up. Javtokas is not a great scorer, but he is the best in senior team when it comes to defence.

I have no problems with Valanciunas being second or third centre in the team, but it is too soon for him to be #1. Valanciunas is just not as good as Javtokas... yet.
Sumon is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote