Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Yao Ming retires
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 09:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
ClutchCity
up there

][__ . //-\\ .

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3answ3r View Post
Yeah I k about that but wasn't sure about Yao except that he started at 16? Don't quote me on this, it could be another player I'm thinkin of. He has the $ and it's his life, but if I were him, I'd hoop until I get the ring.
Dude, at some point the issue becomes greater than basketball and its his LIFE like you mentioned. For all we know he was a couple injuries away from being crippled for the rest of his life. Is that really worth a ring? Maybe it is to Kobe Bryant but otherwise it's probably not. It's not like this is his first major injury, dude has been consistently injured throughout his entire career and the last time he returned he played limited minutes only to be out the remainder of the season with yet another foot/leg injury. We as fans take things for granted such as the amount of hard work these athletes put in. I'm sure if he could have it his way he would have loved to continue his career in pursuit of a ring but maybe he received sound advice that it would be best for him to retire to prevent the risk of another serious injury. He gave it a shot, a few shots actually, but at point you have to look at the big picture and realize these issues are more important than basketball because after all, it's just a game.
ClutchCity is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote