Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Toronto worried about fans of the future
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 04:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
XiaominWu
------------------------

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachus22 View Post
Have to agree with the comments about our sports channels here. TSN definitely provides the most aesthetically pleasing broadcast, so it's kind of a shame that it's so hockey-centric. The score is definitely the cheesiest looking channel of the three, but their basketball coverage is the best hands down - Adnan Virk also runs shit.

Even though it's been said about Toronto many times, I'll say it again: Toronto is NOT a hockey town. Toronto is a LEAFS town. This article really shouldn't be too much of a shocker. I'd even go so far as to say that in terms of participation, Toronto is MUCH more of a basketball and soccer town than it is anything else.
I disagree.

Based on that, show me a city that would qualify as a "hockey town"... I don't think you can.

Montreal is a HABS town. Vancouver is a CANUCKS town. etc etc etc.

I think there is actually more casual interest in non-leaf hockey teams in Toronto than anywhere else..... In fact, it frequently pisses me off to see just how many hockey fans in Toronto cheer for a team other than the Leafs.
XiaominWu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote