Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - someone's gotta go.
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 09:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
carp

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
True enough. But do you seriously think that if Bargs doesn't improve with his rebounding and his defense (especially his defense) and his effort that he won't eventually be moved? Look, if Bargnani can come in next season and give effort, and improve his D i have no major issue then in keeping him if coupled with a good defensive Center. But this will be his 6th season and if he won't play D for Casey he'll be moved imo.
I hope you're as consistent with your evaluation on the others not playing defense...... DD will be in his third year and doesn't defend well.

I do think Bargnani's rebounding will improve under Casey.... he's probably not going to be defending so much on the perimeter in zone as he was with Triano, though that is contingent on the others being able to keep guys in front of them (which most haven't been able to do often enough)

I think a tougher, more physical perimeter defense will make Bargnani's defense not stand out so much. I'm hopeful Casey can make the differences he's been promising.... otherwise we'll have wasted Bargnani's skillset too.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote