Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - someone's gotta go.
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 10:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
Ammo
Nasty, right? I cocked that joint back and banged on him!

Lackey

Representing:
Raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikid View Post
Current Forwards/Centres:

Ajinca
Alabi
Bargnani
Davis
Dorsey
Evans
Johnson
Valanciunas

Of these, one can reasonably expect four of them to play nearly, if not all, the minutes at PF and C. Going into the next season I see those bigs being Bargnani/Amir at PF and Davis/Alabi or a FA at C. This would leave room for two bench/garbage time bigs. If we do get a FA Centre to play behind Davis I would expect the bench warmers to be Alabi and Evans. If we don't sign anyone then I'd like to keep Evans and Ajinca.

More likely than not though it will be a strict rotation of Amir/Ed/Andrea with a 4th playing around 8-10 mins/game or less, putting Alabi in the D-League for large stretches and just keeping Reggie around for leadership and mentoring.
Pretty sure BC said he wanted an anchor at centre, so probably not a back up player.

And Amir and Davis are the same kind of guy. So which of them is going to sit and watch when there is a log jam with Valunciunas also here playing and learning the NBA game?
Ammo is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote