Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - someone's gotta go.
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 08:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ammo
Jimmy Butler IS The Phantom Menace.

Lackey

Representing:
Raptors someone's gotta go.

I don't care if it's too early to speculate who will be around next year because this topic is specifically about who I'm opening the door to walking away.

Someone's got to go.

There are going to be too many bigs who are good enough to get decent minutes in the NBA and I don't know how we can expect that none of them will become malcontents. Add to this that with so many young guys, they need playing time to develop.

There is already a logjam at power forward. Now Jonas and another centre will be coming to join the bigman convention.

Common sense says someone is out of here.

Bargnani says he wants to be here, whether you want him here or not.
Amir wants to be here.
Alabi? Like he has options?
Jonas is lucky to be here over other cities.
Reggie loves it here and wants to be here.
Dorsey? No, I didn't leave him out by mistake. Bye, Joey.
Free agent centre's attitude? Who knows.

I leave anyone out?

Oh, yeah. Ed Davis. At the risk of torches and pitchforks coming out all over this board, I think they should give him plenty of playing time....as a showcase for a spectacular return in a trade. I like his game, but I do not have a good feeling about him wanting to be here long term. This is a franchise that has lost and will lose again if a player forces their hand.

Remember, this is an "If I had to choose" scenario. If there's even a glimmer that he's not just biding his time here, I'd change my mind.
Ammo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote