Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Some of the players were "quite put off" by the selection of JV?
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #44 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi View Post
There's just as much evidence that JV will be anymore then a 10th man off the bench.
They're all projects.
There are very few NBA ready players that get drafted, let alone be able to start and be productive.
So, if that's the case then why be 'put off'? My point is that if they're put off over the fact that he's a project, then really how many players aren't projects. I think you just proved my point tbh.

Quote:
Ya, must hate DeRozan, Davis, etc etc.
I don't blame them either, pretty safe to say they can watch people play and know what they'll be at an NBA level over time.
I'd rather trust the players more then the GM's half the time.
Why would I hate the players?

As for if they know they'll be at an NBA level over time. Michael Jordan, one of the greatest of all time has been a terrible talent evaluator.

RC Buford meanwhile, never played ANY NBA ball, but has been the GM of one of the most successful NBA franchises in the past 15 years.

Having an eye for talent, is just that, a talent. You don't need to be an NBA player to see who can play, some people just have that talent. Again, a lot of NBA players don't make the best decisions.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key