Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Some of the players were "quite put off" by the selection of JV?
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTYNAS View Post
Why the hell such a dismay as Bargnani's style of play exists? If they dont know Jonas, why the very first born thought is - he play like Bargnani? Why? Because he born in the same continent? You know, Kapono and Jordan born in the same fuckin continent, they born in the same COUNTRY!!
I hate that racist stereotypes. It crosses with basic logic. Europe has more than 45 countries damn it! It's Europe, not some village...
sorry Martynas, but racist is entirely the wrong word. If there was any concern it would be more about the style of play that the GM has seemed to favor, and worrying that the guy they don't know might fit with that. Kapono would fit in with that as well.

It's not all about europe and being against europe. Please note that I pointed out the style of play and nothing else, and don't jump to conclusions so fast. I was one of the first people to point out the very real bigotry concerning Bargnani when he was drafted. But bigotry does not equate to racism as much as racism systematically supports and reinforces bigotry. Racism is a serious offense to accuse any person or group of people of committing. If you do not understand the accusations you are making, and I'm assuming that it's just a language issue in this case, then please refrain.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote