Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - real estate lawyer
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 09:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
well that's just complete and utter bullshit.
well yeah - that was apparent in my own post. But there's no getting around that it's a fairly accurate generalization. I didn't mean to make it a value judgement, or say it's a big ripoff. I meant only to suggest that from a client's standpoint, there's no getting around the feeling that your cash is getting sucked up rather quickly for stuff that isn't immediately apparent. I was quite happy with the attention we got, and how everything was explained. It still hurt a bit though. Kinda like when I wanted to put up a fence and did the right thing and got my property survey checked. Just to find the file and make a copy cost me the equivalent of a week of work.

By the way my comment came to me from remembering a lawyer who agreed to help the radio station I managed. He gave us an hour when we needed some idea how to deal with unionized employees. He was a labour lawyer and wanted to help the process, but could only offer us an hour, and made it clear that there was no way around getting billed from that point on, from him, or likely anyone else, and that we could expect the ticker to be running and so should have our shit together beforehand or we'd be in a big hole in no time.

Last edited by LX; 06-30-2011 at 09:34 PM.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote