Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bargnani: "We need a Center"
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 11:54 AM   #27 (permalink)
Northern Neighbour
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by b55bgc View Post
People love to bash Bargnani. I guess because he has such potential and its frustrating.
People cant deny his skills and his agility for a 7 footer.
But you know, a lot of great offensive players in the league are defensively retarded. Why put so much blame on one guy.
Actually, some of the best players in the game do it at both ends of the court. Those are that are great offensive players but lousy defensive players also happen to play on some of the worst teams in the league (see Monta Ellis, Kevin Love, etc.).

In addition, it's not just Bargnani's defence that's the problem. At 7-feet tall and 250 pounds, you would expect a player of his size to grab more than 6 rebounds a game. At the very least, he should be grabbing 8 to 9 boards a game, which shouldn't require much effort for a guy of his stature, skill, and for the playing time he receives.

The other thing that's frustrating with Bargnani is that it seems that he's not giving his full effort at times on the court. He has moments where he just goes numb and becomes unfocused. Hopefully this changes as he matures, as he's still only 25 years old.

Finally, my other frustration with Bargnani is his conditioning. Specifically, he, like the rest of the Raptors, is dreadful on the 2nd of back-to-back games. Bargnani needs to get into better shape, and I hope Casey makes this one of his priorities in the off-season (assuming there is one).
Northern Neighbour is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote