Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bargnani: "We need a Center"
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 12:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
BballWatcher
kicking himself for being so emotionally invested in the Roller-coaster Raptors

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
Bargs can shoot, pass and did average 21.4/5.2, seriously, we're talking about an increase of 2.8rpg and Dirk makes 17mil. Both have suspect D but can be average one on one defenders - Dallas adjusted for this, the Raps have not. To me there are 2 big differences; one is when Dirk came in he played PF and had a chance to develop fully in that role. Bargs has played SF, PF, C and has never had that opportunity to grow in the position that fits him best. Two, will he hustle like Dirk has. To me thats the biggest X factor as all the tools are there.
You can't say that the difference between Dirk and Bargnani is a mere 2.8rpg. Leadership, accountability, occasionally playing D, more passing, and at least being a passable defender count for something.

I agree that Bargs has had his role changed several times, and the whole time he really was a natural PF. This season will make or break him -- either he's a consistent 20+ ppg scorer, or he really is a homeless man's Dirk.
BballWatcher is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote