Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - So, are we on the right track?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 11:39 AM   #18 (permalink)
fancylad
blah!

nosce te ipsum

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
If we were healthy last season we likely win 30 games (ie: Reggie 3 month injury, Kleiza missing 60 games). But the roster as is won't be what we'll have going into next season. We have 3-4 spots open and since we didn't offer QO to Wright/Dorsey and both Casey and BC have said some additions will be made. Not saying we'll be a playoff team, but we should be closer. What excites me though is that next year at this time we should have more capspace, another lottery pick and Jonas will be coming over. All things that are vital to this team going forward.
If you are expecting a lottery pick, then there is no point in being close (or closer) to the playoffs (which i don't think will really happen, but i digress).

As for the original question as to whether we're on the right track, who really knows? We got a great draft pick, but he won't play next year. We got a new coach who should be good, but is inexperienced as a HC. And then the rest of the players are the same. Based on that, we're pretty much at the same position as we were last year.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote