Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - So, are we on the right track?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 11:31 AM   #16 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
who knows. I think we have some good talent, but i don't think we'll see much of a change on the court barring some miraculous impact of the new coaching staff.

As of now we have exactly the same roster that we had last season where we had one of our worst seasons in franchise history. So... do i think we can push for a playoff spot? HELL NO. But i do think we have some good pieces moving forward so all is not lost.

The biggest question will be how much of an impact the coaching change will have. And that, i have no idea.

If we were healthy last season we likely win 30 games (ie: Reggie 3 month injury, Kleiza missing 60 games). But the roster as is won't be what we'll have going into next season. We have 3-4 spots open and since we didn't offer QO to Wright/Dorsey and both Casey and BC have said some additions will be made. Not saying we'll be a playoff team, but we should be closer. What excites me though is that next year at this time we should have more capspace, another lottery pick and Jonas will be coming over. All things that are vital to this team going forward.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote