Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Valanciunas and Bargnani can work defensively together
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 04:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
DocHoliday99
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
ok.....then can you actually give reasons? or can you only say yes and no?
You asked and I answered.

'you think on a rebuilding team one of our brightest prospects doesn't deserve to start?'
No, Davis should start if he's playing well.

'or do u think he's a career back up?'
No, at the present Davis is showing promise to be more than a back-up.

What else would you like? Bargs should start but to me should start at PF and Davis is showing potential to be a starter at PF. If both should start at PF then we have an impasse and an obvious debate.

However, I can see another year and attempt to have Bargs at the C with Amir as starting PF. If Davis continues to grow at the pace he's at he should replace Amir. Bargs and Davis can play together albeit with Davis in the post when on offense and obviously reversed on the defensive end. It will be interesting to see what Casey will do on the defensive end.

JV is a year away from coming here and most likely at least another year before starting. In 2012, I can see Bargs starting still at C with JV coming off the bench and Davis starting at PF with Amir coming off the bench.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote