Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Undrafted Prospects
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #21 (permalink)
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Representing:

# Whenever the Hawks can sign players, it sounds as if they will make a run at David Lighty. The Hawks worked him out before the draft.

# L.D.: “Lighty is a gutsy defender. He can defend maybe three positions. That is what we are looking for as we move into next summer. I want guys that can defend where it’s already instilled in him, it’s in their DNA. Lighty has been a tremendous defender throughout his career and certainly he would be a plus to have on this team.”

# Lighty on defense: “That is something where you help separate yourself from others. Everybody wants to see somebody score but the little things are what win basketball games. I try to focus on that.”

# Lighty said the Cavaliers, Pistons, Suns, Spurs and Hornets also wanted to bring him in. Why the Hawks? “It was about [looking at] teams that I would like and fit my style of play,” he said. “They have open spots and they have free agents at the two guard.”

# Lighty said he was less upset about not being drafted than were his family, friends and supporters. “For me, I’m the type of person if I have a goal I am going to reach it no matter what and I’m not going to stop until I do. I was a little down; I’m human. That was my dream and my goal to get drafted. And hear my name called, that was the big thing. I will play in the NBA one day. I won’t stop until I get there.”
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote