Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raptors extend qualifying offer to money weems
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 02:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
fancylad
blah!

nosce te ipsum

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
noticed there is a bit of hate for sonny on this forum. not in this thread, I've noticed that regular poster jeffb hates him!? that surprises me. he's certainly inconsistent and very rough round the edges but he's got some game and is certainly likeable and exciting. likeable and exciting (plus the flaws,) may not be ideal for your franchise guy but for a bench guy i think it's good to have someone who gives you highlight moments whilst maybe not being a massive contributor (although 10pts pg is a decent contribution no?)

anyway, as you can tell i really like him, and whilst i'm onboard that he should not be getting big money, at 1.1mill i think he is more than worth it.
oK. Jeffb hates everything and sometimes he likes to point out his dislikes a little more than he needs to. You'll get used to it and hopefully you can take such posts with a big fat grain of salt.

I'll just say there are a few thnigs about Sonny that turned off some fans last season. On the court there were times when he tried to do too much and fell flat. Dribbling into traffic, key turn overs, took any many shots, etc. also he said something pretty stupid about how he couldn't feed himself on his current income (something to that effect which no doubt is a little insulting to people with average incomes such as the regular fan). His recent legal troubles also didn't shine the best light onto his character.

I think Sonny is an OK player. Can be useful if he plays within his role. Don't really care too much about his personality as long as he contributes to the team.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote