Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bargnani: "I have to do better this season."
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 05:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
canada_rocks2369
from Canada and it rocks

Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurkang View Post
I don't like the idea of Bargs playing at SF.
I'm not too high on it either but it might not be so bad in stretches. Bargs did grow up playing SF in Europe and that is his natural skill-set. Plus he creates matchup problems being 7ft tall. Obviously defense is where he'll struggle but hopefully they wouldn't be expecting him to guard anyone really good. If he's playing against backups, especially spot-up shooters or guys in for their defense, then he might be able to handle it. It wouldn't work for too long but anyone bad enough for Andrea to guard at small forward wouldn't be in the game for very long anyway. And he's got CB4 and JO to help him if he gets beat so it's less of an issue than in the past. It's an interesting idea with O'Neal now in the lineup to help and if it helps Bargnani develop faster then I'm all for it. If not it's not really that big of a risk, just a couple minutes a game to see if it's working out or not. I'm definitely against starting him at the 3 as Colangelo mentioned recently and I really don't believe that that is what is going to happen unless we see a completely different Andrea this year. You never know though...
I see him getting 12-15 mins backing up JO, 10-12 behind CB4, and maybe 5 or so at small forward, giving him around 30 mins a night. Almost starter minutes without starter pressure - perfect for Andrea.

Last edited by canada_rocks2369; 09-12-2008 at 07:30 PM.
canada_rocks2369 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote