Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - So Bargnani will now play PF?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #40 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Actually, some of the things you suggest are indicative of not playing a team game, but he also swings the ball plenty, doesn't call for the ball as often as post players we've had in the past... I also believe the coaching staff gave him a green light on shots that could have been reigned in somewhat. I disagree that he was ever watching four teammates ever defending together.

You may not like him, but you can't talk in absolutes unless you wish to make your stance impenetrable. The truth is that he has shown positive contributions though maybe not as often as you'd wish.
He has consistently found himself guarding nobody and standing and watching a shot while four other guys have done their job defending. And by consistently I mean far too much. It's inexplicable and unacceptable for any level of defender. To say he has never done so is talking in absolutes that make me speechless, which I suspect is your aim.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote