Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - So Bargnani will now play PF?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 10:22 AM   #39 (permalink)
carp

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
He plays a team game? Is that what you call <1 assist per game and watching the other four guys on the floor trying to defend? Or is it all the bad shots? Or maybe the way he so often needs his teammates to get his ass where he needs to be to set a pick for them?

If he showed any hint of understanding a team game, let alone actually playing something of a team game, I wouldn't be so anxious to be rid of him.
Actually, some of the things you suggest are indicative of not playing a team game, but he also swings the ball plenty, doesn't call for the ball as often as post players we've had in the past... I also believe the coaching staff gave him a green light on shots that could have been reigned in somewhat. I disagree that he was ever watching four teammates ever defending together.

You may not like him, but you can't talk in absolutes unless you wish to make your stance impenetrable. The truth is that he has shown positive contributions though maybe not as often as you'd wish.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote