Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Olajuwon or MJ?
Thread: Olajuwon or MJ?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 11:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
WB3
anxiously waiting for the HEAT to raise banner #3.

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I don't know about that. Put Hakeem on that championship-winning Bulls team in place of Jordan and I think they still come out winners.

1996 for example:

Kerr
Harper
Pippen
Rodman
Olajuwan
Try the 91 Bulls team with Olajuwon. It would be a small Back-Court of Paxson and Armstrong.

PG John Paxson
SG BJ Armstrong
SF Scottie Pippen
PF Horace Grant
CE Hakeem Olajuwon

It comes down to the duos, you take Clyde Drexler and Michael Jordan or Scottie Pippen and Hakeem Olajuwon?

And keep in mind, does Scottie become the player he did without MJ on the team? Think of how much better SP33 became having to guard and play against MJ in all of those practices. While I'm sure Scottie still would have become a good player, I'm not sure if he would become as good as he did without MJ and the competitive fire he brought to the Bulls. It's all hypothetical though.

Still, I don't see Hakeem winning 6 rings with Jordan's Bulls. Had Jordan not retired pre-maturely to pursue baseball, he probably would have ended up with 8 NBA Championships instead of 6, maybe even 9 if he stayed for the 50 game season in 1999. Makes for interesting conversations though.
WB3 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote