David Thorpe says Alabi is better the Joel Anthony..
Rapcast #111: ESPN’s Coach David Thorpe talks Raptors
Basketball | Raptors
Republic | ESPN TrueHoop's Toronto Raptors
Recap from RealGM:
Here's a quick recap on Solo's section (from 12:30):
- In two years or a year from now he would be able to play as the starting centre for the Miami Heat...and they would win.
- As good as Joel Anthony defensively, better shot, better hands.
- Alabi is working out in his gym.
- NBA players who had seen him last year were surprised at the different player he has become this year
- Significantly improved from last year athletically.
- Watched Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol tapes to model game after
- They want him to make a living in front of the rim using his size and create space.
- Alabi has a chance to be able to do that but also be a better shooter.
- Soloman destroyed some of the guys who are being drafted this year.
- He's gotten stronger
- He loves the game but Thorpe is not sure if he loves it enough
- He's working harder than most guys
- Hasheem thabeet was supposed to workout with Thorpe but he isn't there. Solo is more developed than him.
- Think Solo can become a starting centre a year or two down the road or at least become a really good backup on a good team.
- Alabi is not a good fit with Bargs because he likes to pick and pop.