Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Barbosa picks up his option
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 05:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
1 - there might still be a chunk of cap space. We just don't know what Bryan can do with that space until the CBA is settled. The space might amount to something significant, or it might not. And it might not even be the right time to use it. But it would be nice to have the ability to use Barbossa's money to go after somebody who fits better long term, if an opportunity presented itself, like signing Afflalo to an offer sheet or something like that.

2 - I don't like Barbossa taking shots away from other players who will be here past next season. Sometimes he gets tunnel vision. He can be a really solid boost off the bench, but, in my opinion, he is more valuable on a contending team who is looking for depth.

This might not be that bad if a trade was worked out. I'm not sure what the Raps would get for him. Exchanging expirings with a contender, while also netting a late 1st round pick, might be nice. Probably wishful thinking.
Well the owners just proposed a 62Mil hardcap, don't we now have 45Mil commited? You would have to assume the cap would be 62-65Mil considering the players won't ask for less then what's already been proposed.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote