Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raptors Draft grades
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 04:44 AM   #24 (permalink)
Sumon
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheClutch38 View Post
One of the main weaknesses with Jonas coming into this Draft was that he "Struggled with stronger players". Thats in the EUROLEAGUE! theyre are much stronger guys in the NBA. He might be good, but hes gonna struggle a lot.
Dude, really? He is the main C in the team. In his very first Euroleague game Valanciunas did double-double in only 16:47 minutes. He was the best Euroleague rebounder per minute, top 3 efficient Center per minute. How can you say as I quote: "Struggled with stronger players"? The only problem was his playing time in Euroleague, only 15:25 minutes per game.

And you are underestimating Euroleague. Sure NBA has physical stronger players, but in Euroleague most teams play defensive and team basketball, while in NBA it's more of an individual. Euroleague has many talented players. I know Euroleague is not as good as NBA, but the gap between them is not as big as you think. An example is a game between Barcelona (Champions of Euroleague 2009-2010) and LA Lakers (Champions of NBA 2009-2010) in 2010. Barcelona won with the final result 92-88.

Also this fall you will be able to see Valanciunas at Eurobasket 2011 (I am pretty sure he will get into main team). And guess what, Lithuania is in one group with Spain. You will be able to see him playing against Pau and Marc Gasols.

In conclusion, stop being subjective and watch some Euroleague games before commenting about them.

P.S. sorry for my english, it is not my native language.

Last edited by Sumon; 06-25-2011 at 04:46 AM.
Sumon is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote