Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raptors Draft grades
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 11:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Representing:
Raptors Raptors Draft grades

All over the map....

Toronto Raptors: C-
On one hand, Valanciunas might be one of the best players in this draft. But the eroding fan base was probably ready for a less risky pick, like Brandon Knight

Grading the 2011 NBA Draft: Wizards, Pacers, Mavs, Nuggets lead class - NBA - Sporting News

--------

Grade: A.

Valanciunas is probably the best center on the board, and maybe the best prospect. He's only 19 and it'll take a lot of development and some luck, but he has the tools to be a great NBA center........................But patience is generally rewarded in the NBA, and it should be here. It would have been a lot easier to pick a more instant-impact player like Kemba Walker; picking the kid you literally have to wait on take resolve.

NBA Draft Grades 2011: Toronto Raptors Press Pause With Jonas Valanciunas - SBNation.com

---------

Toronto Raptors: C+

The Raptors gambled a bit by going with Jonas Valanciunas at #5. The issue as to whether he can come over right away has been widely reported, but the risk goes beyond that factor. Valanciunas has been playing at a high level in Europe, but it is a mixed record.

2011 NBA Draft Grades | NBADraft.net

----------

Toronto Raptors B-

The Raptors are going to have to decide which combination of Valanciunas, Ed Davis, and Andrea Bargnani they are going to go with heading into the future.

2011 NBA Draft Grades: Grading out the Performances of All 30 Teams | Bleacher Report

--------

Grade: B

Few have banged the Valanciunas drum harder than I have in the lead up to this draft. I still think Cleveland made a mistake in not selecting him fourth overall, and despite his skinny frame I still believe he'll be a stud moving forward. I don't consider him a Joel Przybilla(notes)-type, he's way better than that, but I also know that a healthy and in-prime Joel Przybilla was better than a whole lot of this lottery. So obviously picking Valanciunas is a can't miss, in my eyes, both in a vacuum and in the context of this draft.

Ball Donít Lieís 2011 NBA draft grades - Ball Don't Lie - NBABlog - Yahoo! Sports
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote