Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The REAL reason why we are frustrated
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 03:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint

Representing:

First of all, if you want to put things in perspective, don't suggest we were all shocked. I wasn't. My reaction was - a real Lithuanian - nice. I was shocked at Cleveland's pick.

I would have been happy with Kemba if he was the BPA. I was resigned to that and hopeful. Before we dropped to 5, I really liked the prospect of landing one of the two European bigs or Irving, but then we dropped in the lottery instead of moving up or staying at 3. At that point the draft looked ripe for disappointment. At best I thought there would be a player we could hang some hopes on and see what happens. Now we got what I thought was out of reach, and that is a player that can really help to shape a team. It might take another frustrating year, but this team could make a really nice jump after that, with the right moves, and it's not all going to hang on how one guy performs, or doesn't, nor any gimmicks to get a team winning without fundamental pieces in place.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote