Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The REAL reason why we are frustrated
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 03:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tommy C
is a free agent

Representing:
Default The REAL reason why we are frustrated

So let’s put things in perspective here… we were all shocked when we drafted Jonas last night, this is no surprise here but I will admit that I am very disappointed and I want to explain why, and I am sure a lot of RF guys will relate to that.
Drafting Jonas could have been huge for as if we have had another top 10 pick, which means we could have drafted Walker/ Knight.
The Raps are desperate for some swagger and leadership and I feel like Walker could have been a great fit for us.
Basically what BC and DC did here is drafting for the future… but we need new blood as soon as NOW, the fans are frustrated, and we have every good reason to be, after losing Chris Bosh, and having a terrible season we were hoping to at least be able to watch the Raps go hard this season. No one was thinking we can be really good but at fun to watch, I am sure Kemba could have brought this. The guy just carry UCONN all the way, and I couldn’t be happier if they paired him up with DD, who wanted him to be here. We need to keep our players happy, and if we think that DD wanted him here and he could help us, I will go for it all the way. But basically BC tells us, go screw yourself for a year or two and let’s then see if this kid is a beast or a bust… unfortunately, none of us is willing to sit still and watch the Raps been abused knowing we picked Jonas KNOWING we had names like Walker, Knight, Thompson and Burks on the board… If the strategy was to pick the BPA we probably did that, but he value right now is poor due to the buy-out and the fact we want our team to look competitive. Jonas might be a great player, but under circumstances we could have done better.
Tommy C is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote