Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Valančiūnas
Thread: Valančiūnas
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #277 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Originally Posted by dwchills View Post
You've been listening to too much BC and Raptors TV, JV will be a BUST just like barg. What really bothers me is everyone justifying this pick , how great it was, yada yada yada, especially Leo Rautins, for him every euro is solid gold. Hey, just because you couldn't make it in the NBA and you may have had limit success in the euroleague, don't try to bolster your ego by claiming all euros are more talented than NCAA players. The fact remains this was a weak draft, tell the fanbase you couldn't make a trade for the fifth pick, you like j. bayless over kemba and knight (big mistake, you'll all see), and that in secret discussions with david stern you know that there will be a lockout that will mercifully shorten the nba season/agony for raptor fans and allow JV to develop in europe for another year after which we may be able to trade him or barg to san antonio since they're the gods of nba talent recognition (not that they haven't been good), but fyi just because they like him (JV) doesn't mean he's good. RANT, RANT, RANT
Actually, I haven't watched Raps TV or read or heard one thing by BC since the pick was made. Perhaps I'm just mature enough to put things into perspective and let common sense prevail.

I'd also certainly never call a guy a bust that I know very little about and have never really watched play, especially before he's even played one game at the NBA level. I'd also never call a 20ppg+ scorer in the NBA a bust.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key