Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raptors Among Teams Calling Suns About Steve Nash before Draft
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #62 (permalink)
dfunkie1
censored

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
Here is your old post. You can tell me if I'm misinterpreting you.

I think you're right that they were softer in the past, especially if you mean mentally. But in one sentence you say they have strong defenders at every position. And you mentioned the defenders after talking about changing the culture of the team. And the prior discussion had focussed on defense.

So I said I thought you were missing the point "to a degree", because it seemed to me that you were suggesting that this culture change brought better defense as well as toughness.

I think the better defense point is debatable, and that's why I said "personally". I'm not convinced this Mavs team was necessarily a better defensive squad. They were a better basketball team.

Sorry if that's not the way your post was meant to be interpreted.
oh you're just being nit-picky to my poor word choice to clarify, i meant by cuban changing the mavs culture was by shaking the soft label and adding players known to hustle and play physical.
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote