Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raptors Among Teams Calling Suns About Steve Nash before Draft
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 01:39 PM   #57 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
i'm not clear on what point i'm missing.
Here is your old post. You can tell me if I'm misinterpreting you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
regarding casey, he did wonders with dallas getting them to work in a strong system. i also think that people are giving both him too much credit and cuban not enough for changing the culture of that team. from top to bottom, they have strong defenders at every position. i think people are stuck on identifying that team with the soft mavericks of the past.
I think you're right that they were softer in the past, especially if you mean mentally. But in one sentence you say they have strong defenders at every position. And you mentioned the defenders after talking about changing the culture of the team. And the prior discussion had focussed on defense.

So I said I thought you were missing the point "to a degree", because it seemed to me that you were suggesting that this culture change brought better defense as well as toughness.

I think the better defense point is debatable, and that's why I said "personally". I'm not convinced this Mavs team was necessarily a better defensive squad. They were a better basketball team.

Sorry if that's not the way your post was meant to be interpreted.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote