Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raptors Among Teams Calling Suns About Steve Nash before Draft
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 12:53 PM   #53 (permalink)
bjjs
a baller

Representing:

The closest we can get to proving who is a better defensive squad might be manually entering rosters of both teams into NBA Live 2008 (using 2008 is only fair) and then playing a 99 game series.

Serious Haverchuck, you're a smart funny guy but you get so hung up on 'proof' and 'being right' all the time.

My response was to the thread as a whole. The fact is that Casey and along with every other coach and player on the roster is responsible for their offense and defense. You can't give the credit to the coaches and the defensive system for "turning soft defenders into tough defenders". Systems don't do that, the players and the team itself is responsible for that. Defensive systems don't turn pussies into studs.

Defense goes hand in hand with offense in basketball. Their is no complete separation of the two like their is in football. This being known as fact, from a purely visual perspective on what I've seen which is as good a measure as any flawed statistic which can't completely separate defense from the game as a whole, the Mavs were the best they've ever been defensively. Obviously just my opinion.

Last edited by bjjs; 06-23-2011 at 12:59 PM.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote