Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raptors Among Teams Calling Suns About Steve Nash before Draft
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 01:30 PM   #52 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
Casey's defense won a championship and they went through the four best individual offensive players in the NBA to win it.
That's true. And Avery Johnson also took the Mavs to the finals and put them in a position to win against four of the best individual offensive players in 2006.

Both Mavs teams were solid on defense. Johnson's Mavs and 2011 Mavs, so if your post is responding to me, you're missing why I responded to Jackson. My point is that Casey did not make the 2011 Mavs better defensively than they were in the past. Both teams could play D, and, by several measures, Johnson's teams were actually better on defense.

Quote:
To say he didn't have the tools on the squad isn't accurate either though. Chandler, Marion, Kidd are all elite defenders.
Sure. And the old Mavs had tools, as well. They were a top 5 defensive team. If your post is not a response to me, then you can just ignore this.

Quote:
Terry, Dirk, proved to be quite reliable and they played very solid man and off-ball defense throughout the playoffs, but these two stepping it up would have more to do with their own maturity and the team policing itself then it would one defensive coach.
Yup. But I think being on the court with other vets who'd been deep in the playoffs on numerous occassions helps.
Bill Haverchuck is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote